The SOVIET UNION of AMERICA!
The real headline should be...
TAXPAYERS TO COVER BEAR STEARNS LOSSES WITH JP MORGAN AS CONDUIT TO LIQUIDATION SALE!
That's what the fucking headline should be.
And the point of my blog's title is: What's the effective difference between the life of the average U.S. worker and that of the average worker in Ronald Reagan's Evil Empire, the former Soviet Union?
- Perpetual, undemocratic minority rule (only in the U.S. we have two political parties for sale)
- Gulags -- Guantanamo
- The largest prison population in human history
- Legalized torture
- Legalized surveillance
- Secret police -- Homeland Security
Sorry, folks, but I'm just not seeing a big difference here? OK. For the time being, I can still shoot my mouth (keyboard) off. If only that made any fucking difference?!
So wake up people! We are living in the Soviet Union of America! And it’s collapsing just like the original.
- Until our votes actually count (e.g. Iraq)...
- Until each of us establishes a solvent, independent household capable of fending off political tyranny and economic exploitation...
- Until the fascist Moral Hazard that is Wall Street is either held accountable for its crimes -- or simply allowed to collapse under the Free Market weight of its own stupidity and greed...
Then all of the bailouts, Five Year Plans and useless Shrub speeches ("... let the market work... [Until it doesn't. Then the taxpayers will just have to bail Wall Street out again!]) before the Economic Club of New York won't matter one goddamn bit!