- You enjoy stomping on someone’s skull at a political rally.
- You’re poor -- because there really is no American “middle class”; because “American Dream” is just false advertising designed to make you feel selfish and entitled – so you vote billionaire David Koch’s Republican, anti-human agenda anyway.
- You’re rich, but refuse to fund the basic, modern needs of the society that raised, educated and today sustains you as “too big to fail.”
- You’re over 65, white, obese, gun-owning and attend Tea Party rallies, holding signs denouncing “big government” – all the while cashing Social Security and Medicare checks from your government.
- You’ve given up, essentially abdicated “grown up” responsibility, and don’t even vote at all!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
I am 48 years old and the last three years have forced me to conclude that Americans are too stupid, narcissistic and lazy to participate in anything more than abject decline/collapse from here.
In short, I have officially given up on America. I don’t want to be a part of it any more. Today my only honest desire is to a.) prepare for decline and eventual/unexpected collapse and/or b.) emigrate -- to e.g. New Zealand, Australia, Canada, etc.
I don’t know that I will actually emigrate, because I hold mortgages on three homes in MT that I probably cannot sell and won’t try renting from afar. Two of the homes have become increasingly difficult to rent here under the Great Recession. Unlike most profligate, idiot Americans, we do have some money set aside -- and Federal SSA and the State of MT pay my wife a small monthly retirement -- for the time being – until the inevitable pension defaults and “entitlement reforms” begin, when those promises too will be broken. I still have a “good” job -- in the defense/aerospace industry – which I frankly just resent most of the time. In short, every American “promise” I accepted at face value has proven to be a lie – an advertisement to induce participation in this corrupt and dehumanizing system of little more than endless economic, military and intellectual exploitation.
Thus, at some point in the near future I intend hopefully to “retire”, drop out and decouple from “the grid.” From there I anticipate increasingly walling off our home from the street/world, astutely guarding our income and assets (as self-insurance, because – obvious reasons -- we can’t trust anyone to do that for us) and awaiting death, hopefully merciful, death.
The die is cast. The lie is over. Why pretend otherwise? The best that any American citizen can do from here is “fake it” in terms of humanity. But there is no way to be human in America. Frankly, I see now there probably never was.
At least I didn’t breed!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Thanks Bobbie Lefler Carmaack for forwarding this. You made my day!
The economy is so bad that...
- Exxon-Mobil was forced to lay off 25 Senators.
- The Treasure Island casino in Vegas is now managed by Somali pirates.
- I bought a toaster and my free gift was Citibank Corp.
- Mitt Romney has downsized to one wife.
- A picture is worth just 200 words.
- Banks are mailing pre-declined credit cards.
- Wives are actually having sex with their husbands because they can no longer afford batteries or gasoline.
- To reduce costs, CEO’s are playing miniature golf.
- Angelina Jolie adopted a child -- from America.
- Motel Six isn’t leaving the light on anymore.
- NYC renamed “Wall Street” “Wal-Mart” Street.
- When Bill and Hillary travel together, they now share a room.
- I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, foreclosures, wars, jobs, savings, Social Security, pensions and my 401K that I called the Suicide Hotline. When I told the call center in Pakistan I was suicidal, they became excited and asked if I knew how to drive a truck...
Friday, October 01, 2010
Capitalism has no place for a middle class. The last 50 "golden years" in this country was an accident of both war and nature.
Thus the (frankly ignorant) "middle class" was never more than a legislated "taking" from the capitalist financed, technocrat led cabal gradually dissipating an otherwise perfectly balanced, perpetually life sustaining planet.
Marx was right – You’d have to kill them all first to really "change" anything.
But Orwell was right too, the winners would -- immediately -- become "them."
Thus, total human annihilation is the only objective answer. And if there is a God, Heaven, etc. – then death is obviously worthy of anticipation. Otherwise, human existence is simply narcissism -- striving, earnest, mostly well intentioned -- but narcissism all the same.