Inheritance, Usury, Arbitrage – the Three Blind Mice of capitalism…
Thursday, June 20, 2013
What is Ben so afraid of?!Truth, Rick! Truth will tear us apart, one day.
Just what kind of "clown" are you, anyway?
"The crying on the inside kind, I guess..."
- 1/3 cash (5% yielding CDs)
- 1/3 bonds (corps holding up, munis losing badly)
- Less than 20% stocks…
But it still hurts...
Saturday, June 15, 2013
- Human beings are not Divine. In fact, Self Divination is a moral crime.
- The History of the last 100 years on this planet can perhaps best be summarized economically as: The Monetization Of Crude Oil—i.e. crude oil was/is/will-be a tremendous, fortuitous, coincidental "gift" to a brilliantly adaptive species, but now that gift is starting to run out, literally. On some tangible level this means that the money in your pockets, in all of your accounts, all of the money printed in this world for 100 years has been directly/indirectly a monetization of an ever diminishing natural resource.
- And yet it appears to me that most spigots remain essentially wide open?! What are we going to do about this? And when?
Honestly, as a pragmatist, I have to say that drones, smart phones (wearable computing/telecom--replacing TVs, PCs, stereos and antique wired infrastructure), and finally, NSA (central real-time social monitoring) Metadata--is at least a start! (Already, What You Do—as metadata—matters more economically than who/how you vote!)
If politics is the intersection between imagination and reality, then I’m still seeing far too much “imagination” and not nearly enough reality.
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Human Beings live not to fuck or fight but rather to Communicate--to reach out to every living and dead thing in a perpetual quest for truth/authenticity.
Relative Human Fixation (mobility has failed for lack of resources) thus redounds unlimited/virtual communication as our necessary (Peak Joy Juice) future...
Tuesday, June 04, 2013
As my friend, Justin said, “… and I was rooting for the Starks… Now it’s like watching a Chargers’ [or Cowboys’] game!”
Well, I was rooting for them too. I mean, they’re so fucking stupid (like Jesus). My only hope is that, maybe now, the (remaining) Starks (Arya?) will get that--it’s no use showing mercy, compassion or even justice to Evil! As in World War II, Death is just death. You either kill it. Or it kills you.
Only after the Best Ideas (and people) have won, can “Nuremberg” serve any greater purpose at all…